Collection Agent for Non Resident Landlords

If you are living abroad and earn rental income from a residential property in Ireland you are in the Non Resident Landlord (NRL) category for taxation purposes.

Non resident landlords are liable to Irish tax on rental income from properties within Ireland and must file an Irish income Tax Return.

SCK Group specialises in non resident landlords: we provide a complete end-to-end service as your collection agent covering letting, management, maintenance, compliance, accounting & taxation.

Non Resident Landlords look to SCK Group when:

  • Living abroad, they are searching for a single provider in Ireland to look after all aspects of their property investment.
  • Unsure what their tax liability and obligation are in Ireland, and want expert advice
  • Concerned they are not achieving market rent, and due to rent controls and rent pressure zone regulation in Ireland they want professional advice on how best to proceed
  • Looking for someone in Ireland to coordinate ongoing repairs & maintenance, tenant queries & tenant turnover and general monitoring of their investment. 
  • They simply don’t have the time to look after their property investments and need an Irish resident to do this and act as their rent collection agent.

Ireland's Only All In Solution For Non Resident Landlords


It is important to find the right tenant - SCK Group will advertise, hold viewings, interview & carry out reference checks on your behalf ensuring we find the best tenant for you. Our stand alone letting fee is typically the first months rent, however it is provided free as part of the Non Resident Landlord All-In Solution.

Rent Monitoring & Collections

The standard practice for non resident landlords is that your tenant withholds the standard 20% income tax from their monthly rent and pays it to the revenue on your behalf. We will register as your tax collection agent, thereby bypassing the need for your tenant to withhold any tax amounts.
Rent and rental income monitoring is an important aspect of cashflow management. On your behalf we will set up a bank rental account, co-ordinate deposits, advance rent & standing orders, and most importantly monitor & collect 100% of your rent amount each month, acting as your resident tax collection agent.

Rental Accounts & Tax Returns

Non resident landlords are liable to Irish income tax on rental income from properties within Ireland and must file an Irish Tax Return.

No need to engage an accountant separately, we provide expert rental income tax advice for landlords with properties in Ireland. We identify any tax credit or savings available, prepare your rental accounts and submit your tax return to the revenue, all included in our Non Resident Landlord All-In Solution.


You now have great tenants in your property, and we will remain as their direct contact point throughout the lease. We believe in a preventative approach to property management: We will regularly inspect your property, carry out repairs and maintenance as required & remain in regular contact with you regarding any updates on your investment.


Having difficulty letting your property because it is in need of repair & you are based overseas, why not avail of the Property Refurbishment Scheme from SCK Group? Our Property Refurbishment Scheme is tailored to landlords whose property is in need of anything from a small "freshen-up" to complete refurbishment. Our maintenance team will carry out the repairs and you can pay us over time from the rent received - interest free! Contact us today, and we will provide you with a tailored quotation.

Legal & Compliance

The regulatory environment continues to become more complex in Ireland. We will look after everything from lease documents, to notice periods to tenant registrations with the RTB and ensure you remain compliant in your capacity as a non resident landlord.


How much rent should I get on my rental property?​

One of our experienced property Letting Agents will research current market data and will call to your property for an initial assessment. Following this assessment, we will provide you with a recommended rent level. Upon your approval we will market the property at that level. We will review your rent each year and issue rent increase notices to ensure it is keeping up with market rent.

How will you market my property, and what online portals will you use?

We are highly proactive in finding tenants. We don’t just sit back and wait for people to call, but will contact prospective tenants on our books and make sure your property is seen by as many people as possible. You want a good tenant, but also you want your property let out as soon as possible – any time your property sits empty is time that you are losing money.

Once instructed, your property will be advertised on all of the most popular and recognised property rental portals in Ireland to provide the greatest possible exposure for your property (typically we use:,, and

How does rent monitoring and collections work?

Rent monitoring is an important aspect of cashflow management. On your behalf we will collect rent into our dedicated & regulated client account, co-ordinate deposits, advance rent & standing orders, and most importantly monitor & collect your rent each month. We operate a monthly payment run to landlords, and transfer your rents collected to the bank account nominated by you every month.

How do you vet potential tenants?

Rent arrears and tenant disputes can cause huge problems down the line, so you must make sure they will be avoided at all costs. For your own peace of mind, we screen all potential tenants and verify identity.

We also require tenants to provide references from the following sources: previous landlord(s), employer and bank or other financial institution.

All references are checked thoroughly and confirmed prior to the signing of lease agreements.

What happens if rent on my property falls into arrears?

Tenants who stop paying rent are one of the biggest problems for private landlords. Resolving the situation can be a lengthy and stressful process. Our arrears property management process starts with the initial selection and vetting of tenants and continues with ongoing real-time monitoring of your rent collections – if your rent is even one day past its due date in any given month, we commence engagement with the tenant immediately. If the situation cannot be resolved after reaching out to the tenant, we will consult with you on the remedial options available to you and take the required next steps. For further reading, see our guide on what to do when a tenant stops paying rent.

In managing my property, do you involve me in the decision making?

You will have a dedicated property manager who will tailor our property services to your preference and we will agree with you at the outset how little or how much you would like to be involved.

You may wish that we make every decision with regard to your rental property on your behalf, or you may prefer to be more hands on and remain involved with the day to day decisions in managing your rental property.

Some landlords like to delegate decision making up to a set cost level (say up to €500) – for example, you might not want to be involved in decisions on routine items such as replacing dishwashing machines, while you may want to remain involved in more significant, higher cost repair or property maintenance events – even if it is just to approve a maintenance works proposal that we pull together for you. Your dedicated property manager will be the direct contact point for your tenant at all times.

Do you have an in-house property maintenance team?

Our first move when a tenant raises a maintenance request, is to call to the residential property ourselves to inspect the issue, rather than immediately calling out a maintenance contractor. Calling out a property maintenance contractor straight away would cost you a minimum of a call out fee each time.

In our experience, 80% of issues raised by tenants can be resolved by our in-house team through troubleshooting with the tenant. This saves you on incurring unnecessary call out fees each time the tenant raises a query. Where the issue cannot be resolved through troubleshooting, we have a dedicated network of experienced and professional maintenance providers on call 24/7 to attend to the issue.

Do you look after RTB registration, and other compliance requirements?

The regulatory environment in the property sector in Ireland continues to become more complex. We will look after everything from lease documents, to notice periods to tenant registrations with the RTB and ensure you remain compliant in your capacity as a landlord.

Your landlord all-in package includes my tax return for free, do you do this in-house?

Yes, we have a team of chartered accountants in-our property management company. We will advise you on all available tax deductions and tax reliefs available to you, prepare your rental accounts and prepare your income tax computation. After your review, and once happy, we will submit your tax return to the revenue on your behalf each year.

I want to go with your landlord all-in package, but I already have a tenant. Does this make a difference to price?

Where some letting agents may be incentivised to create more tenant turnover type situations so as to create more “letting” activity and therefore more “letting” fees, our philosophy is fixed pricing & transparency. We will let the property as many times as required throughout any given period, all included in our fixed annual 10% rate. By the same logic, we do not decrease the rate if you have tenants in-situ when you sign up with us. And remember that your tax return is included for free!

How can you offer such competitive prices?

We do not have an expensive bricks & mortar retail network. Instead we take a hybrid approach: smart use of technology, combined with a centralised office located in Dublin. We keep our overheads down, and pass the saving onto you.

What are your payment terms?

We are flexible on payment terms. You may choose to pay our fees in a lump sum at the outset, or in monthly instalments from the rent over 12 months.

How do I sign up, and when can you start working for me?

Please contact us and one of our letting agents will be in touch with you to arrange a preliminary meeting, either at our offices or by video call – this consultation is free of charge, and the aim is to get to know one another and to find out how we can help you.

After our first call with you, we will move as quickly or as slowly as you would like. We can have your property inspected, rent assessed and advertised within 24 hours.

If any questions, please ask.